I discovered the option of installing a worm composting bin. You can keep this either outdoors on the balcony or inside. It does not release any unpleasant smells or odours.
I grew up in a family home where composting was absolutely the norm for everyone in my house. Now that I live in an apartment, I needed to figure out how I could continue to fertilize my flowers with organic fertilizer. After quite a bit of research I discovered the option of installing a worm composting bin. You can keep this either outdoors on the balcony or inside. It is perfect because does not release any unpleasant smells or odours.
My small steps to help the environment:
- I am careful when it comes to composting organic waste. It produces methane in the mixed waste, which is 25 times more dangerous than CO2,
- I reduced the amount of meat I eat weekly, because by choosing to eat vegetarian options for just one day a week saves 50 kg of CO2 per year,
- I never use plastic sacks or bags,
- I stopped using plastics in general,
- I pick up litter when hiking.
Ľubica Vargaová – Nursing Specialist Helske People Care Germany
Looking after the others is the most graceful mission. Ľubica is perfect in it. If she has a free while for herself, she likes to go hiking or cycling. She is keen on cooking and a pleasant companion of her friends around the same table.