When I go grocery shopping, if it is for a small amount I will always walk or cycle my bike with my rucksack on my back. I always have a cloth shopping bag in my handbag
I really enjoy nature and have done since my early childhood. From the age of 10 years old, I have regularly participated in organised and individual tourist activities, always ensuing one thing – that I always bring my litter home with me! I actively plant conifer and deciduous trees in the Slovak paradise, helping to curtail any vegetation that may be impeding the growth of small trees.
My small steps to help the environment:
- I also planted conifer and deciduous trees in my backyard and garden,
- I am a keen gardener but I ensure I only use manure to fertilise the soil (cut nettle under plants are the best nutrition source for growing tomatoes). I do not spray trees with any form of chemicals, this is how I help to protect the bees,
- I occasionally use a car. When I go grocery shopping, if it is for a small amount I will always walk or cycle my bike with my rucksack on my back. I always have a cloth shopping bag in my handbag,
- I always separate waste, I prefer not to use microtene bags. I reuse bags from vegetables or fruit when freezing them, and use for other foods such as meat.
- I never use chemical substances against rodents or insects. I am protecting cats and dogs in doing this.
Lucia Zemanová – Translator in Helske Slovakia
Lucia, as a team member of Helske Energy Save, takes care of customers and provides that they get all information in the language they are familiar with. She goes hiking or cares for her garden in her leisure time.